Wednesday 6 November 2013

Men's Beauty: Review: BaByliss For Men I-Stubble+ 7895U




I've wanted one of these for ages, so when I saw they were 1/3 off in Argos I decided to treat myself. The I-Stubble is a stubble trimmer, with an LCD display and cutting length choice ranging from 0.4mm to 5mm.


In the box you get the stubble trimmer, power cable, lubricating oil, cleaning brush and a 2-pin socket adapter. I know it's being picky but I'm glad they included the adapter, because there has been times before when I've not been able to charge stuff because I knew nothing about needing an adapter (I'm looking at you, Oral B Electric toothbrush.)


The shape and size of the trimmer is great. It fits nicely in the hand, is a good weight and it's designed in a way that you don't press the buttons when you're using it. The device has an on/off button and and up and down button, which changes the length it cuts at. the trimmer goes from 0.4mm to 2.0mm in 0.2mm increments and from 2.0mm to 5.0mm in 0.5mm increments.

Top: Cutting guard normal
Bottom: Cutting guard clipped back

As you change the cutting length the floating head of the device extends or withdraws. You can also clip the cutting guard back and just use the blade to cut hair precisely or give definitive lines.

So, after getting the I-Stubble out of the packaging and charging it for 16 hours (as told in instructions) I gave it a go. I think it's really great, it glides very smoothly over the skin and is very comfortable. The floating contouring head makes it really easy to trim the hairs evenly over the face, and all in all it took me about a minute to use, much quicker than wet-shaving. Overall I think this is a great product for anyone who wants that 'designer stubble', 5-o-clock shadow or rugged look. For only £40 in Argos I think it's well worth it!

If you have any questions about the I-Stubble or you have got one too, comment below!
Thanks,
Cameron :)

1 comment:

  1. Think I'm gonna get this for the boyf for Christmas now. Great review lovely :)
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete