Wednesday 13 November 2013

Winter Hand Care

My hands are definitely one of the first things that suffer as soon as winter hits. They get dry, cold and cracked which makes them look a bit lifeless and aged. I try to moisturise them as much as I can, to prevent white, flaky hands.



Firstly, I apply a light hand moisturiser as often as I remember. I try to get into a habit of putting it on, like every hour or after every time I wash my hands. I use either The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream (From £5) as it smells so nice and also helps strengthen your nails, or Neutrogena Fast Absorbing Hand Cream (£4.09 From Superdrug).

Also, once or twice a week I exfoliate my hands with The Body Shop Peppermint Smoothing Pumice Foot Scrub (£7) and then slather on a heavy-duty moisturiser (I use The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector (From £5)). I then put on some cotton moisturising gloves and sleep with them overnight. This gives your hand a more intensive treatment, removing all of the dead cells and heavily re-moisturising.

If your hands are really bad you could try filing off the hard skin with an emery board and heavily applying a thick cream such as sudocrem overnight to soften the skin. It may also be worth switching hand-wash to one which states is skin friendly or moisturising.

If you have any more hand care tips let me know in the comments below!
Thanks,
  Cameron :)

No comments:

Post a Comment