Monday 4 November 2013

My 5 Favourite: Lip Care Products

With winter here and the weather getting colder and windier it's much more important to protect your lips. Personally I wear lip balm all year round as I hate the feeling of dry or flaking lips. After trying a lot of lip products these are the best of the bunch, in my opinion.



Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (£3.69 from Boots)
No top 5 lip care post would be complete without this! This is a hardcore lip balm which works wonders during the winter months. The thick, waxy consistency protects the lips well and soothes any cracks you have. You can tell by the state of mine in the picture that it is definitely a well loved product, and is always in my bag through the cold weather.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm (£1.89 from Boots)
This lip balm is slightly more creamy than the Burt's Bees and has an AMAZING scent. It feels relatively light on the lips and contains SPF15, so it's perfect for the summer.

The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter (£4.00 from The Body Shop)
This is far less waxy than the lip balms and It'd do little in terms of protection. However, this is a fantastic moisturiser. I slather it on my lips at night before bed, to put some hydration back into them. It goes on a little white, but soon melts into the lips and feels great.

The Body Shop Honeymania Lip Balm (£4.00 from The Body Shop)
This lip balm has a really nice scent and the consistency is similar to the Burt's bees one. However, I only really use this at home, as I find the pot is a bit annoying to carry around. I've got into a good habit though of applying it every time I go into my bedroom. It leaves my lips nice and smooth with a subtle sheen.

Maybelline Baby Lips Peach Kiss (£2.99 from Boots)
This lip balm is slightly tinted with a tiny amount of shimmer. It feels light on the lips and makes them look great without any drastic colour change. The formulation isn't amazingly protecting against cold weather, but it does contain SPF20 so it's great for summer.

Tip: Lightly brush your lips with a toothbrush to remove any flaking skin before moisturising, lips will feel much smoother!

If you have any questions about any of these products, or you have any suggestions of good lip care products I should try, let me know in the comments below!
Thanks,
  Cameron :)

No comments:

Post a Comment