Monday 18 November 2013

Review: Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream



A few weeks ago my skin type changed dramatically (definitely blaming the weather...) and I went from Oily/Combination to Dry/Very Dry. Well I've never had dry skin in my life, that I can remember, so I was a bit stuck on what to do. My skin felt tight and looked ashy and flaky (gross!) so I felt I need to change up something ASAP. Knowing that both of the Pixiwoo sisters have dry skin I straight away thought of what they use, Embryolisse and Oilatum. Embryolisse is both out of my price range and hard to get hold of so I went for the Oilatum. I was extremely sceptical at first, as I usually use a mattifying moisturiser for shine control and I was worried about getting blackheads. The cream costs £7.65 from Boots, which is slightly over my ideal price of a drugstore face cream, but not too expensive.


The face cream comes in a 50ml tube, which is more hygienic than a tub and more travel-friendly. The cream is perfume, preservative and emulsifier free and is suitable for dry and sensitive skin. The cream has no scent at all which is great for people with sensitivity to fragrances.

Top: just out of the tube
Bottom: slightly rubbed in

The cream is relatively thick when dispensed, which I was worried about, but after waiting about 5 minutes after applying it it soaks in well and leaves the skin looking moisturised and glowing. It does leave a slight film over the skin, but this isn't really a problem, my make-up goes on really well over it. I've been using this for a week and I've noticed great improvement in my skin. On the packaging it claims that the cream 'penetrates deeply to intensively nourish irritating, dry & sensitive skin' and 'help repair your skin's natural barrier'. To be honest I usually take no notice of the claims on packaging as none of them are really noticeable. However, my skin surface has improved so much and any spots or blemishes I've had have cleared up much quicker than normal. Also, the tightness in my skin has gone and it looks much more moisturised and plump.
I think this is a fantastic cream, I can totally understand the hype around it.

If you have any questions about Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream or you use it, let me know in the comments below.
Thanks,
  Cameron :)

No comments:

Post a Comment