Friday 1 November 2013

Review: Crest 3D Professional Effects Whitestrips

For ages I've wanted my teeth to be whiter, so a while ago I switched to an electric toothbrush and a whitening toothpaste but not much changed. I am quite good at looking after my teeth, flossing every day and brushing 2+ times per day. However, as a smoker (I know, very bad habit...) I'm always going to end up with stains and discolouration. In the past I've tried out whitening kits with the gel in plastic gum shields, I found them very uncomfortable, produced little change and they left me with very sensitive teeth! I've seen a lot of positive reviews of Crest Whitestrips on the internet and thought I'd try them out. I decided to get the 'Professional Effects' variation as they are the strongest, and I want the stains gone as much as possible. I got 20 pouches (recommended) for around £40 on eBay. The price is a little bit steep, but if they work, it's much cheaper than paying £200+ to get them whitened by a dentist.




Each pouch contains 2 strips, one longer for the top teeth, and a shorter one for the bottom teeth. The strips are clear in colour, and when peeled of the backing plastic one side is coated in a sticky gel. You press the strips on your teeth, and then fold the excess over your teeth and press that to the back. The strips stick really well and aren't that noticeable in your mouth, you can still talk very easily, I think you can eat and drink with them in, but I wouldn't recommend it. You leave the strips on for 30 minutes and then peel them off, they leave little to no residue, and any that is left behind can easily be brushed off with a toothbrush.

With strips on

After using these for 3 days (I did them for 60 minutes a day, because I'm too impatient...) I noticed big changes, the stains on my teeth had reduced a lot and they were less grey and they looked more opaque. About 3 hours after using the strips I did experience a little sensitivity, but nothing major and brushing my teeth with a sensitive toothpaste sorted it out immediately. After 20 days my teeth were noticeably whiter and about 90% of stains were gone, as you can see in the pictures below...


OMG I can't believe my teeth were ever that bad! looking at the comparison picture I think I can safely say the product is amazing! I will definitely be using them when my teeth start looking gross again. For only £40 I think the difference they have made is great, I'm so glad I took the plunge and bought them.

If you have any questions, or you have tried out these whitestrips, leave me a comment below!
Thanks,
  Cameron :)

No comments:

Post a Comment